[AWS] Compiling hello_world errors

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Sat Oct 20 23:13:25 CEST 2007

Jilani,

>> How do you compile hello_world.adb ?
> gnatmake -I/usr/gnat/include/aws -I/usr/gnat/include/aws/components
> hello_word.adb

Ok, this is expected. You must use the a GNAT Project file to build your
application. This is because AWS uses some naming convention see
/usr/gnat/lib/gnat/aws/aws_shared.gpr. You'll see that in fact it is lot
easier to build using a project file. In your case I suppose that the
directory contains the hello_world.adb main.

Create the following project:

hello.gpr:
<<
with "aws";
project Hello is
   for Source_Dirs use (".");
   for Object_Dir use ".";
   for Main use ("hello_world.adb");
end Hello;

Then just run:

   $ gnatmake -Phello

As this has been typed directly from my mailer it has not been tested.

> Merci beaucoup!

De rien :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net