[AWS] ada2wsdl, wsdl2ada, and packages

Marc Criley mc at mckae.com
Wed Jul 11 19:30:58 CEST 2007

On Wed Jul 11  8:36 , Pascal Obry  sent:

>Marc Criley a écrit :
>
>> I renamed them to EA_INTEGER and EA_NATURAL and get effectively the same result:
>
>So that's a current limitation. It should be working when using
>
>   type EA_INTEGER is new Integer;
>   subtype EA_NATURAL is Natural;
>
>You'll probably have to create a wrapper API... or fix the ada2wsdl
>parser of course :)

But the implication of that limitation is that ada2wsdl isn't going to work with
user defined integer types.  It would surely remain unfortunate to require that
all user-defined scalar types be traceable back to Standard types if one wants to
use ada2wsdl to generate the wsdl for a package.

The AWS documentation does not address this, nor does it explain the rationale
for what is generated for type references from external packages, and what one
can do to remedy it.

I know, too much work and too little time :-)

Marc