[AWS] ada2wsdl, wsdl2ada, and packages

Marc Criley mc at mckae.com
Tue Jul 10 21:16:11 CEST 2007

I'm working on grafting AWS into a legacy system to make it web accessible, and
so I'm looking at SOAP to assist with that.

I used ada2wsdl to generate the wsdl for one of the interface packages and the
output appeared fine. This package 'withs' several other packages, such as some
'types packages', so those are being referenced in the wsdl via namespaces: n1,
n2, etc. The definitions that reference types in those packages don't break them
down any further than the type name, e.g.:  type="n1:EA_Common.IDENTIFIER"

I take it, then, that I'm supposed to run EA_Common.ads through ada2wsdl as well?
 Even though it's just type definitions?

Because if I take the generated wsdl and run it through wsdl2ada to generate
code, it tells me that the EA_Common references are unknown.

(And I did run EA_Common through ada2wsdl, that ended up raising an
ASIS_INAPPROPRIATE_ELEMENT exception on a Lower_Bound() call.)

Any advice on this would be appreciated, since I really don't want to hand write
all the wsdl and handlers :-)

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com