[AWS] How to update forms dynamically

Alex Carrion ACarrion at avtsim.com
Fri Apr 20 19:41:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm looking into using AWS to be able to do a couple of things
related to controlling HTML web pages.  We are using predefined HTML
files to allow the user to enter information using HTML Form controls.
I'm able to get the data that the user has entered using the
AWS.Parameters.Get_Name & Get_Value functions.  This works great.

My problem is that I haven't figure out how to send updated form data back to
the browser.  Before the user is allow to update the forms, we need to
be able to update the Form controls (input, select) values.
We would like to be able to modify the content of the forms either dynamically
or when the document (HTML file) is being loaded.

I'm running my program on RHEL4 U3, with Mozilla Firefox browser and AWS 2.1a.
I'm new at the CGI and Web Browser technology.  I'm a strong ADA programmer and
I would like to use AWS to control web pages instead of using PHP, or
any other scripting language.

Any help will be appreciated,
Alex