[AWS] one more problem: compiling demos from GPS

Pascal Obry pascal.obry at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 21 22:05:45 CEST 2006

Vincent Tourvieille a écrit :
> 2) Install AWS.
>    Note that AWS makefile is a unix one and must be run through cygwin.
>
>    - modify makefile.conf to your liking,
>      I chose to install AWS in the C:\Program file\GNAT\ subdirectory
>      so I entered:
>      # AWS will be installed under $(INSTALL)/AWS.
>      # Update this variable to point to the install directory.
>      INSTALL	 = /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/GNAT/

Not a good idea to use spaces. What about /cygdrive/c/opt/GNAT

>     - run make setup
>
>     - I did:
>        export ADA_RPJECT_PATH=/cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings/Vincent/My\
>
> Documents/Downloads/GNAT/gnat_gpl_2005/AWS-gpl-2.1a/.build/projects
>
>     - It did not work so I manually modified include/include.gpr to add:
>       --with "ai302";
>       with "../.build/projects/ai302";

This is wrong. It should work out of the box. In older AWS versions it
was required to set ADA_PROJECT_PATH to point to .build/projects. This
is now done automatically from the makefile.

>       then src/src.gpr to add:
>
>       --with "xmlada";
>       --with "sockets";
>       with "../.build/projects/xmlada";
>       with "../.build/projects/sockets";

Again not needed.

>       same thing for tools/tools.gpr

Again not needed.

>     - Then
>       make install
>
>     - (I do not find set-aws.cmd as indicated in the doc)

Not needed anymore. I will update the documentation thanks.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|