[AWS] AWS build problem

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Wed Jul 19 21:18:24 CEST 2006

Jessica Fléchet a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to buil AWS 2.2.0 with GPL GNAT 2006 but I have this error
> when I enter the command line "gnatmake setup":
> "setup" not found

That is expected. There is no setup Ada source. You need to use make.

> I have also tryed with "make setup" and the shell displaying is:
> The syntax of the command is incorrect
> The system cannot find the file specified
> c:/GNAT/GPL_2006/bin/make.exe: *** [gxmlada_dummy] error 1

Please put the Cygwin or MSYS make in the PATH *before* the GNAT bin
directory. You need a recent version of make to build AWS. Note that, as
reported here recently, the Cygwin GNU/make 3.81 is not working fine you
should use the previous version (3.80 is ok). I can't comment about MSYS
as I do not use this toolset.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|