[AWS] Unable to build AWS

Adrian Hoe mailbox at adrianhoe.com
Sun May 22 09:32:09 CEST 2005

On Sun, 22 May 2005 09:08:56 +0200, Pascal Obry <pascal at obry.net> wrote:

> Adrian,
>
>  > I'm running 3.4.2 on SPARC/Solaris and facing the same error/problem
> too.
>  > I downloaded SPARC/Solaris gcc/gnat-3.4.2 from blastwave.org.
>
> Ok, sorry I misread your previous message.
>
>  > I have not tested it on SuSE 9.3 which has a newer version of
> gcc/gnat.
>  > But shouldn't AWS build fine on 3.4.2?
>
> Yes it should. It could be the case that the POSIX support has some
> problem as
> it is not tested a lot and maybe not used by many people! This has
> probably
> not been tested with Florist, I tested it with my Win32POSIX binding on
> Windows (as implied by the name).

Do you mean POSIX support is not fully tested?

> In your case, it looks like there is some visibility problem with
> To_String. Try prefixing them with POSIX. For the Templates_Parser it
> looks
> like the PATH to the POSIX binding is not passed...

But, only aws-os_lib.adb uses POSIX. And it compiles fine. I can't
understand the errors:

Building templates_parser
templates_parser-print_tree.adb:31:06: file "posix.ads" not found
templates_parser-print_tree.adb:31:06: "Aws.Os_Lib (body)" depends on
"Posix (spec)"
templates_parser-print_tree.adb:31:06: "Aws.Os_Lib (body)" depends on
"Posix.Calendar (spec)"
templates_parser-print_tree.adb:31:06: "Aws.Os_Lib (body)" depends on
"Posix.File_Status (spec)"
templates_parser-print_tree.adb:31:06: "Templates_Parser (body)" depends
on "Aws.Os_Lib (body)"
templates_parser-print_tree.adb:31:06: "Aws.Os_Lib (body)" depends on
"Posix.Files (spec)"

Templates_Parser depends on Aws.Os_Lib and Aws.OS_Lib has been compiled
successfully. This behaviour is strange. Could it be one of the compiler
switches?

Best regards,
--
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo DaVinci.
"Complexity is simplicity that has failed." - Adrian Hoe, June 23 2004.