[AWS] ld: cannot find -lz error when compiling AWS.

Alejandro R. Mosteo alejandro at mosteo.com
Fri Apr 29 11:16:17 CEST 2005

Pascal Obry wrote:
> Vincent,
>
>  > I took the (bad :-) habit to simply
>  > compile AWS as part of my code using the project file sent before
>  > (i.e not have it as a separate
>  > "installed" library, that is precompiled).
>  > This worked easily in previous AWS version, and I just renamed
>  > the few .adb that I needed.
>
> That's indeed not a clean procedure :)

And you may face other problems in the future. I do this in a project of
mine and (IIRC) for example the full inlining (-gnatN) will cause some
errors when compiling it (3.15p here). If you have different settings
for debug/release this can go unnoticed for some time.

So in practice is better if you make now the effort to follow the
suggested procedure because it may bite you later.