[AWS] CVS

Andrew Carroll andrew at carroll-tech.net
Tue Jun 15 16:41:45 CEST 2004

Well, I know that I have to download the source to be able to "import"
it into my CVS.  Once I've done that, I need to be able to update my CVS
from the CVS of AWS right?  You know, to keep things up to date with the
work AWS is doing.

I initially thought that I would just download AWS 2.0 source and just
move the AWS files around to suit my needs.  If I did that I would then
have to do it every time AWS came out with a "version".  So, why not
just put AWS in the CVS and then update it from time to time.

Now I am definitely no expert on CVS so I don't hardly even know how to
update something or what I can get/do through a "read only" access of
the AWS CVS.  I don't want access to change anything, just access to be
able to download current work and recompile my work to include your new
work.  An update basically.  Make sense?

Correct me if I am thinking of this process the wrong way.

Andrew Carroll
Carroll-Tech
720-273-6814
andrew at carroll-tech.net

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:40:32 +0200
> From: Pascal Obry <pascal at obry.org>
> Subject: Re: [AWS] CVS
> To: "Andrew Carroll" <andrew at carroll-tech.net>
> Cc: aws at lists.act-europe.fr
>

> Andrew,
>
>  > Okay,  I'm starting a project that will use AWS.  I am interested
in how
>  > I can get a "snapshot", if that terminology is correct, of the CVS
tree
>  > (stable, 2.0).  I'm pretty new to CVS.  I use a different tool than
CVS