[AWS] AWS build going very badly

andy . i_eat_pies@hotmail.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:03:27 +0000

My installation is not going well, and hope someone can please help me.

I'm using AWS 1.4 on Windows XP with Cygwin installed.

I have done 'make gnatsockets' and 'make gnat_oslib' and for gnatsockets i
get:

$ make gnatsockets
g:/PROGRA~1/gnat/bin/make.exe -C src gnatsockets -s GFLAGS="-q -O2 -gnatn
-gnatwcfipru -gnaty3abcefh
iklmnoprst" INCLUDES="" LIBS="" LFLAGS="-s" MODE="ssl" XMLADA=""
EXEEXT=".exe" LDAP="1" DEBUG="" RM=
"rm" CP="cp -p" MV="mv" MKDIR="mkdir" AR="ar" GREP="grep" SED="sed"
DIFF="diff" CHMOD="chmod" GZIP="
gzip" TAR="tar" GNATMAKE="gnatmake" DLLTOOL="dlltool" DLL2DEF="dll2def"
WINDRES="windres" GNATMAKE_F
OR_HOST="gnatmake"

I am assuming this is normal. So i continued.

I come to 'make build' and i get the errors:

=== Build win32 specific packages

=== Build tools
Building awsres tools

=== Build demos
Generate resources for res_demo

raised ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.USE_ERROR : s-fileio.adb:989
g:\PROGRA~1\gnat\bin\make.exe[1]: *** [build_res] Error 1
g:\PROGRA~1\gnat\bin\make.exe: *** [build_demos] Error 2

I read the questions on the mailing list about XMLAda so i downloaded it,
and installed but turns out 200 tests fail (at which point it stops).  Is
XMLAda (version 1.0) essential?
So XMLAda fails, but is this the reason my build fails? Either way could
anyone please suggest anything to fix my problems.

I am also installing on a Unix system, and have got the hello_world demo to
run.  But i need AWS on both platforms.

Thanks andy brownhill.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger