[AWS] AWS as a service on a Win2000 server

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:59:14 +0100

Anders,

 > I succeeded to register it as a service in Windows, but when I try to
 > start the service, I got error messages.
 > When starting using Computer Management:
 > "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request
 > in a timely fashion."
 > When starting from a DOS prompt:
 > "The service is not responding to the control function."

Is that using the code in AWS/demos (runme_control.adb, runme_service.adb) ?

 > I have tried both with
 > AWS.Server.Wait (AWS.Server.Q_Key_Pressed);
 > and
 > AWS.Server.Wait (AWS.Server.Forever);
 > in the runme.adb

The second one is the right one for services.

 > Has anyone succeeded in register AWS as a service on a Window box?

Yes, definitly.

As the runme demo uses SSL are you sure you have the SSL DLLs on the PATH
or in the service executable directory ?

Pascal.

--|