[AWS] buffer overflow?

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre@nbi.dk
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:30:00 +0200 (CEST)

Pascal Obry wrote:

>  > In general yes.  The main problem here is probably that the
>  > default behaviour of one of the more wide-spread Ada
>  > compilers (GNAT) is to disable run-time checks.  IMHO this
>  > is _very_ stupid (but I am willing to be educated about the
>  > benefits).
>
> That would be very stupid if this was true ! Please check
> the documentation, only one check (number overflow) is off
> by default.

Okay.  I must admit that I misremembered exactly which
checks are off by default.  But is there any sensible reason
to disable any mandated part of the language by default.

Jacob

PS: Stack checking is also off by default, but I am not sure
    I can argue that this is mandated by the language.
--
"Nobody writes jokes in base 13."
 Douglas Adams