[AWS] Building AWS 1.3 with Gnat 3.14p

Preben Randhol randhol@pvv.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:52:10 +0100

Hi I saw that it says one need at least Gnat 3.15p to build AWS-1.3, but
since I have 3.14p on my Debian system I thought I would try it first.

After removing the f in -gnatw... it compiles until it gets to:

   === Build library
   Building aws
   Building aws-client
   aws-client.adb:746:45: "Append" not declared in "Stream_Element_Table"
   aws-client.adb:777:39: "Free" not declared in "Stream_Element_Table"
   gnatmake: "aws-client.adb" compilation error
   make[1]: *** [aws-client] Error 4
   make: *** [build_aws] Error 2

Is this because of that I use Gnat 3.14p or some other problem?

I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade to Gnat 3.15p as this means I have to
manually install it (not as a package). I have the alternative 3.2, but
this is not good enough yet to be used.

Thanks in advance

Preben