[AWS] AWS-1.2 Forcing Display on Address Dialog Box

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre@nbi.dk
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:19:53 +0100 (MET)

Beard, Frank Randolph CIV wrote:

> From: Jacob Sparre Andersen
>
> > I have never observed that a browser has showed a URL that
> > didn't match the page the browser showed (with the exception
> > of when external viewers are called - and the browser is
> > without control).
>
> I have.  I have a domain name registered through Domain Direct.
[...]
> If I specify "URL Frame", then the browser shows the
> original URL the user typed, so the user has now idea the
> request has been redirected.

But the request has _not_ been redirected.  The browser is
showing a frameset where one of the frames happens to be
your page.

Jacob (who thinks frames are bad anyway)
--
"I've got _plenty_ of common sense!"
"I just choose to ignore it."