[AWS] AWS-1.2 Forcing Display on Address Dialog Box

Beard, Frank Randolph CIV frank.beard@navy.mil
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:07:45 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen

> I have never observed that a browser has showed a URL that
> didn't match the page the browser showed (with the exception
> of when external viewers are called - and the browser is
> without control).

I have.  I have a domain name registered through Domain Direct.
My homepage is somewhere else, to which the registrar redirects
the browser.  From the Domain Management page I can specify
"URL Frame" or "URL Redirect".  If I specify "URL Redirect",
the browser will display the new URL on the Address line.  If
I specify "URL Frame", then the browser shows the original URL
the user typed, so the user has now idea the request has=20
been redirected.

Frank