[AWS] Relative URLs

Patrice Freydiere frett27@free.fr
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:49:43 +0200

Sorry for my explaination,
in my project (imgsvr), I use AWS for publishing pictures, the imgsvr generate
on the fly thumbnails and pages for browsing pictures.
So I don't use the Directory_Service option of AWS.

My problem is when a dynamically generated page contain an anchor coded as a
relative URL , the browser don't see or remember the current "Web Directory"
where the page is.

So when i click on the anchor, the browser search for the root to find the
image .. ??
I had to move to absolute URL to make it work ..

eg the following tag in a dynamic page from
http://localhost:1234/2001-05-08_Reunion_de_Famille/Apres_fete_chez_frangin_08052001

<hr>

appear in the browser status line as http://localhost:1234 whereas it should
be http://localhost:1234/2001-05-08_Reunion_de_Famille or