[AWS] GET Form and Database

anders.wirzenius@wartsila.com anders.wirzenius@wartsila.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:32:31 +0300

Since you comment on the DB connection, I want to ask further about DB =
connections, namely Oracle DB connections:

David Botton mentioned once that Oracle has a feature where the table is =
exclusively locked when you execute a query. I have got error messages =
when two or more users concurrently have accessed the same intranet page =
(Gwindows + Apache, not AWS) and started concurrent queries from the =
same tables.=20
I got rid of the messages by just closing the recordset and connection. =
The user gets nothing but the human behaviour is to click once again and =
avot, he gets his results since the previous user=B4s connection has =
been closed.

Have you experienced similar behaviour of Oracle?

Anders