[AWS] Linking problems with AWS and gnat3.13p

Alan Barnes barnesa@aston.ac.uk
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 13:14:14 +0000

Has anyone else experienced sporadic linking problems using AWS and
gnat3.13p on Sparc Solaris 2.8.  Programs appear to compile and link
correctly but core dump at run-time with
	 Illegal Instruction
or
	we get various bizarre messages from ld.so that the first directory on
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a directory.

Minor changes to the program and/or bind/link options and the program
compiles, links and works fine.

Currently I use

	gnatmake <file> -bargs -E -largs -laws

with ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH set appropriately to include
the AWS stuff.

Hopefully the problems will go away when we upgrade to 3.14p during the
Easter vacation, but any advice in the interim would be useful.

The AWS programs in question are not particulalry sophisticated. If
anyone is interested they are at

	http://www.cs.aston.ac.uk//~barnesa/aws-demos.tar.gz

Best Wishes
Alan Barnes