[AWS] Mandrake Linux 8.2 gcc-3.1 ada aws

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 19:07:36 +0200

David Marceau writes:
 > Question
 > --------
 > How can I code hello_world to bind to all 3 ports using the aws
 > interface?

Declare 3 servers inside hello_world.adb, use the same callback proc and
bind each servers to a different port.

 > THE PROBLEM I am attempting to solve
 > -------------------------------------
 > I went to the www.netcraft.net to check out to see if it detects aws.
 > Search results for omac.darktech.org
 > Found 0 site
 >
 > What gives?  Can anyone tell me what ports netcraft is scanning to
 > detect hello_world?
 >
 > Just to be curious I then ran all three
 > hello_world80 &
 > hello_world8000 &
 > hello_world8080 &

It is looking for port 80, here is the Netcraft result for
"What's that site running ?"

<<
The site pobry.dnsalias.net is running AWS (Ada Web Server) v1.3w on
Windows 2000

Maybe you are behind a firewall ? Check that your computer is visible
from Internet.

 > Then went back to www.netcraft.net
 > entered omac.darktech.org
 > It worked.
 >
 > Concerning the building of the aws documentation,
 > My tex stuff is properly installed.  I even have the japanese enabled
 > tex installed.
 > What is really cool is being able to edit using emacs a text file
 > containing english, japanese and french text :)
 >
 > I discovered my build.adb gave me a segmentation fault.
 > I built the build.adb with -g then I also discovered that gcc-3.1 ada
 > does not build gnatgdb.
 > This means I need to go get the gdb which is compatible with gcc-3.1
 > ada.
 > I'll need to find this and configure it.
 >
 > > All errors here are ignored (due to documentation not built).
 > I am willing to help out for the documentation.

Very nice. Thanks.

Pascal.

--|