[AWS] How to detect an AWS server has been killed?

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 02:28:25 +0200

emartel@cic.teleco.ulpgc.es writes:
 >    I am writing my server with AWS.  This server (server 1) sends
 > forms to the client browser. Apart from this server, I have
 > other server (server 2) which can replace the server 1. When the
 > server 1 is killed the message "netscape is
 > unable to locate the server..." is shown on the client browser. How
 > can the server 2 get this message before the client browser ?
 >
 >   Is it possible a solution with the current  release of AWS?

No.

Here you are looking for a kind of hot-backup system. There is nothing
ready on AWS side for this. And there is no easy way to do that. If server-1
is not there to handle the request, who can redirect the request to server-2 ?

Pascal.

--|