[AWS] How to know the server has dead?

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 02:26:14 +0200

emartel@cic.teleco.ulpgc.es writes:
 >   I'm starting to use AWS. I am just wondering how to know if the
 > AWS server has dead before the message "Netscape is unable to
 > locate the server ..."? Is there any exception or a function to detect
 > it before the message is shown on the client side?

Sorry, this is not very clear to me. AWS server (after being started should
not be dead). From the client side (Netscape in your case) there is no way
to know if the server is there or not. You can of course ping the server and
if present telnet to the server's port to see if some server are waiting for
request but I'm not sure this is what you are looking for...

Pascal.

--|