[AWS] Features for the future

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
05 Sep 2001 11:11:59 +0200

Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Well if you distribute a binary you just need to put somewhere in the
> documentation of your application:

It is a 'further restriction' in the GPL sense. ;-)

> Of course it would be better if we had a complete GPL or LGPL
> library but the restriction with OpenSSL does not seems very
> annoying...

The so-called advertising clause is officially incompatible with the
GPL, i.e. the FSF has declared that the requirement on advertising
material is a 'further restriction' in the sense of clause 6 of the
GPL.  The FSF has some material on its site:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE