[University] Error in Quiz

Simon Beàn simon.ea.bean at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 03:42:11 CET 2018

Hi,

I am taking your courses online (http://university.adacore.com). Very good! Thank you!

And I came across an incongruity.

Ada 003 - Programming in the Large

Lesson 2 - Type Safety
Quizz 5

subtype T is Integer range 1..Integer’Last;

V1 : Integer := 0;
V2 : T := V1;

In this quiz, we have to check if it is correct or not. The answer provided is « Yes, it is fine because : T is a subtype of Integer. Therefore, V1 and V2 are of the same type. »

But V1 is out of range of T, as a result it will raise a Constraint_Error exception.

That said, thank you for making this resource available to the public. It had been awhile since I had not had fun programming. Ada is definitely a beautiful thing.

Cordially,

Simon Beàn
simon.ea.bean at gmail.com <mailto:simon.ea.bean at gmail.com>
www.linkedin.com/in/simon-beàn