[PolyORB-users] Handling signals

Frédéric Praca frederic.praca at free.fr
Fri Mar 29 17:04:41 CET 2013

Hello guys,
I would like to know how I can handle signals to perform sort of
cleanup code on SIGINT.
To be more precise, I have a kind of load balancer object which holds
references to servant objects. These latter register themselves against
the balancer. When the servant object get a SIGINT, I attached a
handler to cleanly unregister it from the balancer.
The problem is that I get this kind of message on the servant part :
^CUnregistering servant
polyorb.orb_controller: no event source to monitor
polyorb.orb: ORB.Run got exception:
polyorb.orb: Exception name: PROGRAM_ERROR
Message: dead lock detected

And then I have to kill my servant and the balancer doesn't know that
the servant is gone.

Is there a specific way to do this kind of thing ?

Fred