[PolyORB-users] Bug with abstract interface

Frédéric Praca frederic.praca at free.fr
Fri Apr 5 00:27:22 CEST 2013

Hello,
As the User guide only mentions idlac in the limitations about
abstract interfaces, I wondered if it is still the case with iac.

As I got a bug box with iac when compiling the following IDL file :
module AbstractBug {
  abstract interface AbsService {
    attribute long id;
  };

  interface ConcreteService:AbsService {
    attribute string name;
  };
};

I think it's also the case for iac.

For information, the box mentionned that a CONSTRAINT_ERROR exception
was raised in "backend-be_corba_ada-nodes.adb:13 index check failed".

The bug appeared on the following versions of iac :
- IAC from PolyORB 2.6.0w (Debian release 20090423-10) under Ubuntu
  10.10 Maverick (which is quite old)
- IAC from PolyORB 2.10.0w (rev. 203430) under FreeBSD 8.4-PRERELEASE
  (far more recent)

So, could you confirm that this is how this limitation appears ?

Regards
Fred