[PolyORB-users] Plans for D-Bus support in PolyOrb?

Thomas Quinot quinot at adacore.com
Fri Mar 9 16:59:41 CET 2012

* Chris, 2012-03-08 :

> Wondering if there are any plans for adding D-Bus support to PolyOrb. Or more generally support for a backend who's primary and probably sole purpose is for efficient communication across the local system bus. Maybe Posix Queues, or some other more advanced method.

The PolyORB architecture has been designed to allow that sort of thing.
POSIX message queues might not be moch more efficient than a local
socket though. Another potentially promising option is the use of shared
memory segments, to avoid some copying of data.

I have given a look to DBus lately, would also be an interesting
project, but a bit more development that just having GIOP over shm.

We do not have current plans to implement such new transports; however
we'll be happy to review and consider external contributions for
integration in this area.

--
Thomas Quinot, Ph.D. ** quinot at adacore.com ** Senior Software Engineer
               AdaCore -- Paris, France -- New York, USA