[PolyORB-users] polyorb DSA and moving servers

Tony Gair tony.gair at bmshome.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 17:27:03 CEST 2012

I got a working DSA application using RCI that only works on localhost
and am trying to deploy it to the cloud with clients that work from any
location.
I have the following config file

*************************
configuration BCDSA is
    pragma Starter (none);
    --  Tell 'po_gnatdist' to not create any startup script or launcher
(more on this in a lter tute).
    --  We will launch our Server and Client partitions manually from a
console.

    pragma Boot_Location ("tcp", "109.169.23.142:5001");
    --  Server
    Server_Partition : partition := (Main_Store_Pkg);
    --  Declare the Server partition and assign the 'Server' remote call
interface package to this partition.
    procedure Dummy_Server is in Server_Partition;
    --  Tell po_gnatdist that the 'start_Server' procedure is the the
Servers 'main' subprogram or launcher.

    --  Client
    BC_Partition : partition;
    --  Declare the Client partition (which has no remote call interface
package associated with it, so no 'initialisation' is required).
    procedure Main_Storage_Test;
    --  Declare the Clients 'main' subprogram or launcher.
    for BC_Partition'Main use Main_Storage_Test;
    --  Tell po_gnatdist to assign the above declared 'start_Client'
procedure as the Clients 'main' subprogram or launcher.
    for BC_Partition'Termination use Local_Termination;
    --  Tell po_Gnatdist that Clients may terminate locally (more on
this later).

    Debug_Partition : Partition;
    procedure Main_Screen;

    For Debug_Partition'Main use Main_Screen;

    For Debug_Partition'Termination use Local_Termination;
    --  Misc
    for Partition'Directory use "bin";
    --  Ask po_gnatdist to place the built Client and Server partition
executables in the './bin' sub-folder.
end BCDSA;