[PolyORB-users] Access control, etc. in PolyORB and DSA

Phil Brooke pjb at scm.tees.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 15:25:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

I can see that PolyORB has support for some CORBA security services.  What
is the situation in terms of Ada's distributed systems annex?  (My
understanding of the DSA is that it simply doesn't specify these aspects.)

For example, suppose I take the mailbox example from the distribution.
Is it correct to assume that a real deployment needs to take care of
authentication and authorisation itself?

Is the PolyORB code resistant to deliberate attempts to send bad packets?
(E.g., sending junk to a partition's ports.)

(Apologies if this is answered in the manual or FAQ, but I can't see an
answer.)

Thanks,

Phil.