[PolyORB-users] Missing po_gnatdist

Phil Brooke pjb at scm.tees.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 10:56:05 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to build polyorb so that I can use the Ada distributed systems
annex.  If I've understood correctly, I need to use po_gnatdist, but this
does not seem to be built or installed.

Details:

  • Building on a Debian Linux machine, amd64 stable suite.

  • I'm using GNAT GPL 2009.  I've checked that this is early in the
    PATH (there are other GNAT versions installed, too).

  • I've also installed XMLAda (again, the PATH is set, along with
    GPR_PROJECT_PATH).

  • I've downloaded the Polyorb GPL 2009 version (PACKAGE_VERSION "GPL
    2009-20090519").

  • I configure using
      ./configure --prefix=/some/path/polyorb-2009 --with-appli-person="corba dsa" --with-proto-perso="giop soap"
    There are no obvious errors.

  • Then
      make && make install

  • In the install directory (from --prefix):
      $ ls bin
      gnatprfh  ir_ab_names    po_cos_naming_shell  po_ir
      iac       po_catref      po_createref         polyorb-config
      idlac     po_cos_naming  po_dumpir            po_names
    There's no sign of gnatdist.  In the source directory,
      $ find . -name \*gnatdist\*
      ./compilers/gnatdist
      ./compilers/gnatdist/po_gnatdist.adb

Have I made an obvious misconfiguration in my use of ./configure?
I haven't enlightened myself using the documentation....  Any advice,
please?

TIA,

Phil.