[PolyORB-users] IOR for client partitions on remote side of a router

frank frankjj at broadpark.no
Sun Apr 25 20:59:13 CEST 2010

Hello!
I have a question that is "home-network-administrator" related:) I am using
Windows XP / GNAT 2009 / Polyorb / DSA

I have created a small game with a server partition and two client
partitions.

I have two PCs connected via one router.
I have succeded in getting the client-partitions on the two different PCs to
connect to a server-partition on one PC,
in this "living-room"-constellation by using PO_COS_NAMING to create an IOR.

So my next step is to make this server available to PCs on the world wide
web.

I have of course an external IP adress that is different from the internal
ip adresses.

How can i create IORs that can be used by a server on the living-room-side
of the router and by external PCs? [Or maybe another approach is needed...]

I have tried to configure the following properties in the in polyorb.conf,
so I tried to first configure it to have the living-room ip address and then
build an IOR then I tried to replace it with the external ip adress, but
this ends in disaster.
I have access to configuring the router to map internal ip / port to
external port.

Another issue is that I havent succeeded in configuring a default port,
because if i configure it, the server is not found - if i allow
PO_COS_NAMING to chose one things works.

# IIOP Global Settings

# Preference level for IIOP
#polyorb.binding_data.iiop.preference=0

# IIOP default address