[PolyORB-users] Polyorb-Tools: man pages

Jérôme Hugues hugues at telecom-paristech.fr
Thu May 14 09:45:27 CEST 2009

Le 14 mai 09 à 09:10, Reto Buerki a écrit :

> One item on our todo list is adding man pages for the following
> polyorb
> tools:
>
> ir_ab_names
> po_cos_naming_shell
> po_createref
> gnatprfh
>
> I've already written manpages for the following tools:
>
> po_catref
> po_dumpir
> po_ir
>
> I will submit these man pages as soon as the initial upload is done.

OK

> If this is not possible, could someone provide some descriptions and
> use
> cases for these tools?

I'll try to provide an intiial description, of course we would need to
update the user's guide as well

regarding ir_ab_names, I let Thomas answer

po_cos_naming_shell is similar to po_cos_naming, see ./
po_cos_naming_shell --help for more details.
po_cos_naming_shell allows you to interact with a COS Naming
implementaiton, and navigate through it

po_createref is a tool used to create IOR strings from the list of
parameters. Let me know if the command line
is not self-explanatory, I can add more information

gnatprfh is an internal tool used by iac, it should not be used by the
end user. this tool computed
static minimal perfect hash table to be used when performing request
unmarshalling and to perform
upcall to user code. CORBA GIOP is storing the name of the method to
be called as a string, this hash
table ensures we can build a look up table for finding users code in
skeletong

--
Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues