[PolyORB-users] [Debian packaging]Trying to build shared libs

Jérôme Hugues hugues at telecom-paristech.fr
Thu Mar 12 16:28:13 CET 2009

Le 11 mars 09 à 17:13, xavier grave a écrit :

> Working with Ludovic and Reto we try to package polyorb for debian
> with
> corba personality on.

sounds good. having also DSA would be nice ;)

> 	- libpolyorb2.4

I would not recommend 2.4.

If you want to solve the issues below, it would be better to test
first on the trunk (which, for now 2.6.0w), and see whether this issue
is still here, and then how to solve it.
Also, we could bring more help on the trunk than on a old branch

My rationale is that by the time you converge, AdaCore is likely to
release a new "GPL" release of their tools libraries. Their typical
release date
is June (without guarantee from me, they decide). So you would have an
updated package at that date, and it will be easier to catch
on with the GPL release cycle and updates.

--
Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues