[PolyORB-users] PolyORB subversion repository contains two copies of AWS?

Jérôme Hugues hugues at telecom-paristech.fr
Mon Mar 9 11:21:06 CET 2009

Le 8 mars 09 à 15:12, Jérôme Hugues a écrit :

> Le 8 mars 09 à 01:29, Ludovic Brenta a écrit :
>
>> 1) Which, if any, of these directories are necessary for building
>>  PolyORB? Why?
>
> none of them are used. Here is some element of the history of PolyORB
>
> In 2003, a master thesis was done on how to integrate part of AWS
> inside PolyORB. This brought
> aws which was the AWS personality of PolyORB
> aws_orig, some files required to compile the AWS personality
> web_common, some files required by the SOAP personality
>
> none of them are now used, since this part was more a proof of concept
> than anything, it is neither packaged,
> nor built

Sorry, this part was misleading, aws and aws_orig were proof of
concept for the AWS personality

A hasy cut/paste removed important information

web_common and the SOAP personality are required to build the SOAP
personality. As I said, these
files are independent from current AWS technology. The SOAP
personality is alive, valid, working and used daily

hope this clarifies a little bit my previous messages.

--
Jérôme Hugues, TELECOM ParisTech
http://www.telecom-paristech.fr/~hugues