[PolyORB-users] PolyORB subversion repository contains two copies of AWS?

Ludovic Brenta ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org
Sun Mar 8 01:29:42 CET 2009

Hello,

I see that the Subversion repository of PolyORB contains two
directories, src/aws and src/aws_orig, which seem to contain parts of
AWS and Templates_Parser.  There are no files in common between the
two directories, so they don't seem to be two different versions of
AWS, but instead two different parts of AWS.  I have a few questions.

1) Which, if any, of these directories are necessary for building
   PolyORB? Why?

2) If PolyORB requires parts of AWS, is it possible to build PolyORB
   against some other version of AWS than the one in the Subversion
   repository (e.g. building PolyORB 2.4 against AWS 2.5)?  Why or why
   not?

3) Do you have a habit of merging from AWS into
   polyorb/src/aws{,_orig} from time to time?  What is your policy in
   that regard?

--
Ludovic Brenta.