[PolyORB-users] DSA example and not COS Naming Server

hector perezh at unican.es
Wed Oct 15 18:00:08 CEST 2008

    POLYORB VERSION: PolyORB 2.3 release

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Pentium IV 2.8 Ghz , Ubuntu Hardy
Linux 2.6.24-19-generic

    COMPILER VERSION: GNATLS GPL 2007 (20070405-41)

Runnig the dsa echo example with "po_names" naming server raises the
next exception when "resolve" operation is invoked:

look for "AAAA    polyorb.dsa_p.partitions    RCI;"
polyorb.orb: ORB.Run got exception:
polyorb.orb: Exception name: POLYORB.SERVICES.NAMING.NAMINGCONTEXT.NOTFOUND
Message: PO_Exc_Occ 1

When the same example is run with COS Naming Server everything is ok.
Same exception is raised but, in that case, this exception is managed by
the servant, sending a reply to the client informing that this partition
was not found on naming server. After that, client invokes a "bind"
operation and the execution goes on.

Related to "po_names" server, this exception is managed by ORB main loop
so it raises the exception and therefore the main procedure is finished.

I am probably missing some important point in using or configuring this
name server but I was not able to find any solution. Any help would be
really appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hector