[PolyORB-users] Troubles compiling PolyORB

Maciej Sobczak prog at msobczak.com
Mon May 12 22:21:54 CEST 2008

Answering to myself, maybe this can help somebody else.

Maciej Sobczak wrote:

> The version downloaded from SVN did not contain the configure script and
> I could not recreate it on my system due to the lack of libtoolize. I
> did it on a nearby Linux box and then tried to compile - this time the
> process went through much further, but failed with this:
>
> +=======================GNAT BUG DETECTED==========================+
> | 4.4.0 20080314 (experimental) [trunk revision 133226]
> (i686-apple-darwin9) |
> | Assert_Failure sinfo.adb:2023
> | Error detected at polyorb-references-ior.adb:135:15

As shown above, the compiler fell over on line 135 of
polyorb-references-ior.adb. This line is:

       Ref (V) := Opaque_To_Object (Opaque'Access);

I have changed it to:

       V := Ref'Class (Opaque_To_Object (Opaque'Access));

and now it compiles fine (note that V is of type Ref'Class in this part
of code).

I'm not 100% sure about the full implications of this change (including
dark language corners), but my understanding of class-wide types leads
me to believe that it should be correct.
I have not tested this code, though.

Regards,

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com