[PolyORB-users] Any problems with AMD64 support?

Jérôme Hugues hugues at infres.enst.fr
Sun Jun 29 19:39:00 CEST 2008

Hi Chris,

Le 29 juin 08 à 02:56, Chris McCulloch a écrit :

> I've been trying to link the echo example in the source distribution
> but when running po_gnatdist I get this...
>
> b~partition.o: In function `adainit':
> b~partition.adb:(.text+0x2a8): undefined reference to
> `system__garlic___elabs'

There is something wrong with your setup, system__garlic__* come from
System.Garlic Ada packages, which are from GLADE, not PolyORB/DSA
I looks like the po_gnatdist is configured to work with GLADE, instead
of PolyORB.

> I would hope, since PolyOrb is the new Annex E for Gnat, that this
> would work. This is a Gentoo system. I downloaded and compiled both
> the 2.4 sources and the sources from the source repository with the
> same result each time. I'm not installing PolyOrb system wide until
> I know I have usable and reasonably stable version. I'm keeping it
> in a development directory in my home directory. However I dont
> think that would cause this kind of problem. As I understand it,
> garlic should be included with PolyOrb, yes?
You did not tell me which GNAT you are using.

Note that DSA is something particular, you should use a consistent set
of compiler/polyorb.
The reason is that GNAT in its expansion phase will generate call that
ultimately depends on the DSA personality of PolyORB.

I recommend you use GNAT GPL 2008 and PolyORB GPL 2008 package for that.

--
Jérôme Hugues, ENST Paris
http://www.enst.fr/~hugues