[Fwd: Re: [PolyORB-users] PolyORB / Mico interoperability problems?]

Rémi Lafage remi.lafage at cena.fr
Mon May 22 15:05:40 CEST 2006

Vadim Godunko wrote:

>Rémi Lafage wrote:
>

>>Client callback() is not called but it seems that Server request()
>>method is not called neither!
>>No exception is raised!
>>

>This is because you use oneway operations. Oneway operations never raise
>exception if request accepted by ORB. You should try to remove oneway
>from IDL and run test again.

Ok, I have removed oneway from IDL and encountered the problem.
Worse between two runs results were not the same.
One time request blocks, one time it raised CORBA BAD PARAM exception!

Finally I get the solution (these runs remembered me I had the same kind
of behaviour between
JacORB and Mico) : Mico client has to be run with -ORBIIOPVersion 1.2
option!
By default Mico use 1.0 protocol version.
While I used Mico on caller side and PolyORB on callee side there was no
problem.
With the deferred callback pattern, Mico is called by PolyORB and it seems
that IIOP version matters in that case.
(By the time I had the problem with JacORB, I reported it on Mico list,
the maintener told me that it was a JacORB bug which ignored the IIOP
version
used by the other ORB (Mico).
Maybe the same problem here with PolyORB?)

>Can you please test MICO's IOR by po_catref. I reconstruct IOR from you
>mail and po_catref reject it. :( This may be reason for raising
>CORBA::MARSHAL exception and because you use oneway call you don't see it.

Yes the IOR I sent is corrupted.
Maybe an error during my copy/paste operation.
I tried po_catref on a new IOR, it works fine.

Again, thank you for your response which has triggered the solution!
:-)

Best regards,
Remi

--
Rémi Lafage - DSNA/DTI/SDER/SAS - Tel: 05 62 25 95 77