[PolyORB-users] PolyORB / Mico interoperability problems?

Rémi Lafage remi.lafage at cena.fr
Fri May 19 09:04:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

I use PolyORB and Mico to re-use Ada code from C++
and I have encountered two problems concerning the interoperability :

1) I have an IDL with a method  called terminate. Following CORBA Ada
mapping
the function IDL_terminate is generated on Ada side while terminate is
generated
on C++ side. When I call terminate from C++, IDL_terminate is not called
on the Ada
side (when I rename the method "shutdown" for instance, it works).

2) I try to implement deffered callback pattern. IDL definitions look like :

interface Callback {
    oneway callback();
};

interface Server {
    oneway request(in Callback cbk);
};

interface Client : Callback {
};

On the Ada server side, request method is implemented
to use the Callback reference passed as parameter calling callback(cbk),
but on this call I get a CORBA COMM exception without other information.

Any suggestion to debug the second point is welcomed.

Thanks

Remi