[PolyORB-users] [Fwd: Re: omniORB-4.1.0-beta1/src/examples/call_back/echo_callback.idl]

Jerome Hugues hugues at infres.enst.fr
Tue Feb 21 13:45:58 CET 2006

Oliver Kellogg a écrit :

> I believe I've bumped into a mapping problem, see attached IDL file.

It seems the IDL file was not the one you had in mind

>> cb-server.ads:22:15: formal parameter "cb" cannot be used before end of
>> specification
>> cb-server.ads:30:15: formal parameter "cb" cannot be used before end of
>> specification
>>
>> It turns out that Ada does not like the reuse of the "cb" as a
>> parameter name to an operation when the same name is also used as the
>> module name.

Definitely, in module cb, no IDL-to-Ada compiler should accept a
function with cb as a parameter name .. unfortunately, nothing in the
IDL specification prevents this, AFAICT. Java and C++ guys do not have
this problem it seems, this explains the answer from Duncan

--
Jerome