[PolyORB-users] using UDP instead of TCP

Thomas Quinot quinot at adacore.com
Tue Mar 15 16:11:57 CET 2005

* Selim Belbachir, 2005-03-15 :

>    on this OS). I have understood that DIOP uses UDP. I have also
>    understood that if we use DIOP we can only use oneway methods.

Correct.

>    I think that it is possible to modify IIOP by replacing the 2 in-out
>    TCP sockets contained in polyorb-binding_data-giop-iiop.adb and
>    polyorb-setup-access_points-iiop.adb by 2 pairs of in and out UDP
>    sockets.

This is not possible, IIOP is based on TCP and relies on the context
maintained by TCP. If you want to perform non-oneway calls over UDP,
you will have to define your own protocol (possibly by defining your own
mapping of GIOP on UDP).

--
Thomas Quinot, Ph.D. ** quinot at adacore.com ** Senior Software Engineer
               AdaCore -- Paris, France -- New York, USA