[PolyORB-users] Re: naming servive IOR

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 26 17:58:48 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005 12:33 schrieb Martin Krischik:
> Hallo,
>
> now that my Calbe Modem arived I wanted to try naming service. However, I
> have little problem:
>
> Everytime I start po_names it creates a new unique IOR. Honestly: How is
> bootstapping supposed to work if the IOR for one and the same server is
> changing all the time?
>
> Which important feature/document did I miss?

Phhh. I figured it out myself.

1) you need to use po_cos_naming and not po_names.
2) you need to create a names.conf file for po_cos_naming fixing the port
   number.
4) start po_cos_naming with a script using something like
   "declare -x POLYORB_CONF=naming.conf"
3) you need to use the POLYORB_CORBA_NAMING_URI and not then
   POLYORB_CORBA_NAMING_IOR (po_names does not print one).
4) use the POLYORB_CORBA_NAMING_URI inside polyorb.conf to the the
   address of your nameserver

Maybe I make Wiki entry to describe that.

With Regards

Martin

--
Martin Krischik