[krischik@users.sourceforge.net: Re: [PolyORB-users] Compile Problem.]

Jerome Hugues hugues at infres.enst.fr
Wed Dec 1 10:07:55 CET 2004

Please, Martin, always CC:polyorb-users, that helps to spread the
information

I note the remark and will update the INSTALL and User's Guide, thanks
for your report.

--
Jerome

----- Forwarded message from Martin Krischik <krischik at users.sourceforge.net> -----

From: Martin Krischik <krischik at users.sourceforge.net>
To: Jerome Hugues <hugues at infres.enst.fr>
Subject: Re: [PolyORB-users] Compile Problem.
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:59:16 +0100

Am Dienstag, 30. November 2004 22:10 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Martin Krischik (krischik at users.sourceforge.net):
> > > Got a little problem compiling:
> >
> > I guess I found it myself. My fault for not spooting the "gcc" in the
> > last line of INSTALL.
> >
> > May I suggest to expose it a bit more:
> >
> > ---
> > The following environment variables can be used to override configure's
> > guess at what compilers to use:
> >   CC:  the C compiler
> >   ADA: the Ada 95 compiler (path to "gcc" and not "gnat" or "gnatmake")
> > ---
>
> I'm not sure to fully understand your point, do you mean you have gcc
> in one directory, and gnatmake in another ?
>
> This does not look like a GCC 3.4.x or GNAT Pro 5.02a default install,
> or at least the ones I know.

No I used:

declare -x ADA=/opt/ada/bin/gnatmake

which of course did not work since the variable should be filled with
"/opt/ada/bin/gcc" - But this is only mentioned in the middle of the last
line of INSTALL - not an exposed position.

Its all working now - my only suggestion is a little more elaboration within
the documentation so others don't repeat my mistake.

With Regards

Martin

--
Martin Krischik