[gvd-users] New version ???

Jeffrey Creem jeff@thecreems.com
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 19:18:21 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maura Edelweiss Monville" <memonvil@artsci.wustl.edu>
To: "GVD-users" <gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr>
Cc: <gvd-devel@lists.act-europe.fr>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 7:10 PM
Subject: [gvd-users] New version ???

> I must confess I'm very thankful to SuSE developers and supporters team
> as well as GAMGI's .
> They are doing a very good job at keeping on improving their code as
> well as providing comprehensive help to users all over the world......
> However, I'm pretty disappointed by GVD group. This would be a good
> debugger if it was maintained and supported on a regular basis. Every
> time I ran into trobles and posted a message asking for help or some
> clues... I was lucky if I got an answer in a month. The answer actually
> never helped me solve any of my problem.

What is not immediately obvious as that as near as I can tell, GVD as a
standalone
product is pretty dead. The good news is that the code that used to be part
of the standalone GVD has been (apparently) incorporated into GPS. The
integration
of debugging into GPS is actually pretty well done... The only downside is
that unlike some other products
there is no publicly available CVS version of GPS - just a tar archive of a
version several revs back.

Still, the "Academic" version of GPS is worth looking at - especially on
non-windows platforms.