[gvd-users] problem with GVD 1.2.5 not finding source files with a cygwin gdb toolchain under WXP

Benoit Germain gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 20 May 2003 09:57:54 +0200

Hi,

I am playing with a cygwin toolchain to build palmOS applications.
Everything is ok. Then I want to debug the application with the provided
m68k-palmos-gdb debugger. This works just fine as well. Now comes the
problem of getting gvd to find source files when debugging.
At compilation time, the compiler embeds source file location info in the
program in cygwin path format (ie /cygwin/d/foo). this is the case when I
compile within a bash shell or a W$ cmd shell.
I seached the list archive and found a thread about that particular problem.
GVD is supposed to understand cygwin paths
(http://lists.act-europe.fr/pipermail/gvd-users/2002-September/000212.html),
but unfortunately it doesn't find my source files, even after I specify the
search paths with the dir command (in cygwin format), either relative or
absolute.
Even when directly loading a source file, GVD won't remap it to source file
information found in the debugged program, probably because paths don't
match.

Is there something I forgot to try ?

Cheers,

Benoit.