[gvd-users] My first session on a supercomputer

Arjan van Dijk gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:34:28 +0100

>  > What's Fortran-specific about gvd? If I have a debugger (e.g. gdb)
>
>Graphical display of data structures is language dependent.
>Now, if you do not display data in the data window (e.g. only
>print values in the debugger console), then it may work.
>
>My recommendation in this case would be to force the language to C,
>so as to avoid confusing GVD, since if gdb tells GVD that some frame
>is using fortran, GVD may simply generate an error message and not work
>properly.
>
>Anyway, you should first make sure that you have a working gdb for your
>specific configuration, you simply can't assume that because gdb is working
>on machine A, it will work on machine B.

I don't know yet if the latest gdb-version will like the fortran on
our computer. Therefore it may be better to write an interface for
dbx instead of using gdb. The support people from the super-computer
are working on the latest gdb-installation. Maybe tomorrow I can try
that version with our f90-compiler.

Regards,

Arjan