[gvd-users] My first session on a supercomputer

Arjan van Dijk gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:04:11 +0100

Hi,

Today I downloaded the pre-compiled gvd binary for Irix6 and
installed it on the Teras supercomputer from SARA in Amsterdam. My
aim is to get a climate model running named "echam5". The executable
of echam5 does run when I call it directly from the unix prompt, but
it crashes after a while. This is where I want to use gvd. I
recompiled all fortran90-modules with debug-info (option -g3, which
allows for debugging of optimized code) and linked the program. When
I type "gvd echam5" the graphical environment of gvd comes up
(hurray!! It works!!!). Then I get the following depressing message
from gvd in the lower display:

"Reading symbols from echam5...Dwarf error: wrong version in
compilation unit header."

Can any of you tell me what is wrong here and in particular how I can
solve the problem?

Thanks,

Arjan
e-mail: A.vanDijk@phys.uu.nl

--
Arjan van Dijk
Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research Utrecht

phone: +31 30 2532815
fax:   +31 30 2543163
e-mail: mailto:A.vanDijk@phys.uu.nl
homepage: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vndijk