[gvd-users] target remote debugging - help

Ole Hansen gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Sat, 4 May 2002 16:23:44 +0200

Hello Arno

Thanks for the tip.

It seems the --target <ipaddr>:<port>:remote almost works,
but:

1. it downloads the executeable to my target and
2. it does not bring up the source in GVD's source-window

I use gdbserver on my target, that also run Linux. The target-Linux does
have a copy of the
executeable already.
If I enter the following in the debugger-window in GVD, it works as
expected:

target remote target-ipaddr:portno<cr>

best regards

ole@danelec.dk

* danelec electronics a/s
* Blokken 44
* DK-3460 Birkeroed
* DENMARK
 * Phone: +45 45821879
  * Fax:  +45 45821979
   * Email: ole@danelec.dk
    * http://www.danelec.dk
     * ftp://ftp.danelec.dk
      * Radio call sign: oz1jru
       *    If you seek luck, luck will strike you ..... 8o)         *