[gvd-users] BadAlloc, BadFont

Frode Tennebø gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:01:46 +0200

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 23:04, Frode Tennebø wrote:
> ft@alne:/home3/ft/gvd-1.2.5-sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/bin>./gvd
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>   serial 453 error_code 11 request_code 45 minor_code 0
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadFont (invalid Font parameter)
>   serial 454 error_code 7 request_code 47 minor_code 0

[snip]

> Which font(s) am I missing?

Sorry about replying to myself. However, I have found a solution to this
problem (well, I need to confirm a rebuild, but my test-build worked
fine). Aparently Solaris (perhaps others as well?) does not handle this
font:

-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

...well for pklsz of 7 (and 6 for that matter).

in configure and configure.in I changed LINK_SIZE=7 to 8. This sets the
size in the preference file which is subsequently used to look up the
specified font in gtkada.

It's pretty strange that no-one has reported this before. Perhaps they
have old preferences with a workign setting? Perhaps my Solaris system
has not got the currect patches, but I have yet to find a patch for
this. Both for my 2.5.1 and 8 system.

 -Frode