[gvd-users] Problem with cygwin and gvd 1.2.4 (garbling Environmentvariables)

gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:23:42 +0100 (MET)

Hi...

I tried to get gvd running in my environment. When writing software with
cygwin (in mingwin emulation) I am having the problem that $TEMP is
"normalized" before coming to gvd. Whereas this is not happening with gdb
native.

To be precise....

Lets write some little C:

void main(int argc,char **argv)
{
	char buffer[1024];

   if (GetTempPath(1024, buffer))
		printf("TempDir = %s\n",buffer);

}

That should print $TEMP on windows.

When running this I get
TempDir = e:\temp.

Thats ok. When letting the program run under gvd control
(started from cygwin bash) I am getting
TempDir = z:/cygdrive/e/temp

Thats bad...  When running it directly with gdb (from cygwin bash)
everything is fine also. I found out that it has also something to do with cygwin-bash
maybe. When running the gvd from a dosbox I will also get the correct
result. Any clues?

As of the fact of complex environmentsetup I can't run under Dosbox. I have
to run with cygwin...

I am having the same results when starting gdb directly and doing a
"show environment". With gvd I am getting some variables ugly normalized.
Running gdb natively works....

Thanks for your help,

Roland

http://www.gmx.net